So many people live in a state of purgatory, not recognizing that they are merely existing in an area of complacency and comfort. They fear any true change or growth, feeling no need to break away from what’s “known” or similar to those around them.
It’s easy to become stuck in a rut and find ourselves living in a state of purgatory, where we feel safe but not happy. We fear anything that takes us away from the comfort zone–in our relationships, careers, and even daily habits–and so we stay in our little bubble, lacking any true joy or purpose. But this isn’t the way it has to be!
Love and acceptance are essential aspects of human connection and relationships, which in turn help unlock our potential to achieve meaningfulness and bliss.
The misconception is that you need special abilities or gifts to succeed – that’s simply not true! Everyone holds the power within them to create, grow, and move beyond their comfort zone – leading to a life filled with joy and purpose.
Stepping outside your comfort zone can be an intimidating prospect, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some easy and fun activities to try:
- Join a club or organization related to something you’re interested in.
- Attend a public speaking event or workshop.
- Take up a new hobby or skill that requires you to learn something new.
- Try a new cuisine or visit a restaurant with different cultural influences.
- Book tickets for an event, concert, show, or festival that you would not normally attend.
- Travel somewhere new – go alone if possible!
- Become involved in local charity work and meet people from different walks of life.
- Push yourself a little further during physical exercise and challenge yourself with something new every day.
However, without meaningful interpersonal relationships by your side, it can become difficult to reach this beautiful place. So how have you been taking care of your relationships?
Make an effort today – book a consultation call and begin your journey towards a joyful life of contentment!